401K, Dental, Medical, Vision
• Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
• Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
• Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
• Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
• Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
• Establishes an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding.
• Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
• Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations.
• Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
• Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
• Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
• Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
• Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations.
• Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA-required data.
• Reviews employee appeals through the company complaint procedure.
•Obtains cost-effective, employee-serving benefits; monitors national benefits environment for options and cost savings.
• Leads the development of benefit orientations and other benefits training.
• Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
• Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
• Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Approves all information submitted. Serves as the primary contact with the company employment law attorney and outside government agencies.
• Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
• Manages the company-wide committees including the wellness, training, environmental health and safety, activity, and culture and communications committees.
• Keeps the CEO and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
• Above average oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
• General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
• Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
• Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management or 2 to 3 years actual experience in the Human Resources department
The candidate must have good language skills, be personable and patient, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Our company provides subsidized Health Insurance benefits, paid holidays, and vacations. Work shall take place at our location in Avon Lake, OH.
A pre-employment physical, including a drug test, shall be required after the initial position offering is tendered. If you are serious about starting or continuing a career in the thermodynamic trades, Apply below.
This Position Has Been Filled